Champions in the fight against inflammatory bowel disease.
IBD Foundation Scholarship
The IBD Foundation IBD Scholarship Program supports students living with Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD - Crohn’s and colitis) in reaching their academic goals.
The IBD Foundation’s IBD Scholarship is awarded annually to the successful applicant who is:
- entering into post-secondary education in 2017
- graduating from Children’s care to adult care
- best demonstrates his/her ability to live well with IBD
- an inspiration to others by their actions and attitudes in overcoming challenges to reach their personal and academic goals
On May 13, 2017, The IBD Foundation Scholarship committee lead, Bill Davis, presented scholarship awards to two very deserving candidates.
- A one-time $2,000 scholarship was presented to Robert Gardiner. Robert is a remarkable young man. He was diagnosed with inflammatory bowel disease in 2015, and has overcome the everyday challenges to live well with IBD. Robert is an amazing student; he has spent endless hours giving back to his community as part of the Junior Civitan club and was the president in grade 10! Robert will studying Economics at Queens.
- The IBD Foundation’s $6000 scholarship was awarded to Malaika Zarrouki. Malaika is an outstanding candidate for the IBD Foundation Scholarship award 2017. She was diagnosed with Crohn’s in 2011 has been involved in the 6 research studies. She is an excellent student and has been involved as participant and volunteer at most IBD education and fundraising events. Malaika faces the everyday challenges of living with IBD with a sunny attitude, strong determination and courage. She has learned to cook healthy, organized a fundraiser for the IBD foundation within her school, and coached children to sing all while holding a part time job.