Champions in the fight against inflammatory bowel disease.
The information contained on www.ibdfoundation.org does not replace the knowledge or diagnosis of your doctor. Should a health problem arise it is recommended that you seek the advice of your physician or health care provider. Our intention is to provide the Crohn's and colitis community with resources to lead enriched lives, and to focus on overall treatment and management issues or strategies.
The IBD Foundation makes every effort to ensure that information on our website, www.ibdfoundation.org, is as accurate and reliable as possible, and we cannot guarantee that it is completely free of errors or an inclusive source of information. The Foundation does not assume, and disclaims, any liability to any person for any claims, damages, liability, or any loss resulting from any use of or reliance on the content of this website, including the content information on the links to outside websites.
The IBD Foundation website contains links to other Internet sites. Such external Internet addresses contain information created, published, maintained or otherwise posted by independent organizations. The IBD Foundation does not endorse or approve these external Internet addresses and does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy or timelines of information located at such addresses.
Personal Information and Online Donation Policy
Last updated on August 3, 2013
Welcome to our website. By using or visiting our website, you are agreeing to these terms.
We raise funds and provide relevant information and resources to help those affected with Crohn's and colitis lead enriched lives.
Although we make every effort to ensure that the information on our website is as accurate and reliable as possible, we cannot guarantee that it is completely free of errors or an inclusive source of information. The information contained on our website does not replace the knowledge or diagnosis of your doctor. You should seek the advice of your physician or health care provider who will be able to provide information and advice regarding your particular situation.
Our website may contain links to other websites as well as articles, photographs, videos or other information that belongs or originates from third parties. Such third party websites or information are not investigated or checked for accuracy, completeness, efficacy or timelines.
Payments made through our website are processed in Canadian dollars. We do not issue refunds. We do not assume and disclaim (on behalf of The IBD Foundation, its directors, officers and agents) any liability to any person for any claims, damages, liability, or any loss resulting from any use of or reliance on the content of our website or of third party websites for which we provide links on our website. The information contained on our website is our property. You cannot reproduce, redistribute or modify the information for commercial purposes without obtaining our prior written authorization.
We may, at our sole discretion, modify these terms at any time without advance notice to you and you will be bound by such revisions, which will be posted on our website, by continuing to use or visit our website.
Last updated on August 3, 2013
We, at The IBD Foundation, are committed to maintaining the privacy of your personal information. We have set out the following privacy principles to describe how we collect, use and disclose the personal information that is in our custody.
Personal information includes your name, personal contact information and credit card information.
The IBD Foundation uses personal information in a variety of ways including, but not limited to, issuing tax receipts, process donations, updating individuals on IBD Foundation's events, programs and services.
The IBD Foundation may contact individuals for the above (but not limited to the above) reasons by mail or e-mail. If you do not wish to be contacted or would like to be removed from our current database, contact us in writing by mail at The IBD Foundation, 1 Hines Road, Suite 200, Kanata, ON, K2K 3C7, or by email at email@example.com.
Our 10 privacy principles:
- 1. Accountability: We are responsible for your personal information that is under our control. Our Corporate Secretary is accountable for our compliance with the following principles.
- 2. Identifying Purposes: We may collect your personal information when you register for events and programs, make inquiries or donations or visit our website.
- 3. We use your personal information in a variety of ways including, but not limited to, issuing tax receipts, processing credit card information, processing donations and/or registrations for our events and our programs, and updating individuals on our events, programs and services. We may contact individuals for the above (but not limited to the above) reasons by phone, mail or e-mail.
- 4. We may provide your personal information to trusted third parties who provide services on our behalf (e.g. businesses that host fundraising activities for us to promote our mission, service providers that host our website) but do not give them the authorization to use or disclose your personal information for their own marketing or other purposes. We do not sell your personal information.
- 5. If you do not wish to be contacted or would like to be removed from our current database, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or The IBD Foundation, 1 Hines Road, Suite 200, Kanata, ON, K2K 3C7.
- 6. When you visit our website, our web server logs your IP address as well as information relating to the requests that are being made.
- 8. Consent: Your knowledge and consent are required and are sought for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information, except when inappropriate (e.g. where required by law).
- 9. Limiting Collection: The collection of your personal information is limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by us at the time of collection.
- 10. Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention: Your personal information is not used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it is collected, except with your consent or as required by the law. We only retain your personal information as long as necessary for fulfillment of those purposes for which it is collected.
- 11. Accuracy: We make every effort to ensure that your personal information is as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
- 12. Safeguards: Your personal information is protected by reasonable administrative, technical and procedural security safeguards. These safeguards may include firewalls, encryption, and training of our board members and volunteers. We are aware of the importance of safeguarding your personal information and take care in storing or destroying, when required, your personal information.
- 13. Openness: We make information about our policies and practices relating to the management of your personal information readily available to you.
- 14. Individual Access: You can obtain information regarding the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information by submitting a written request at our mailing or email address. You also have the opportunity to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and to have it amended as appropriate.
- 15. Challenging Compliance: You can address a challenge concerning compliance with the above principles to our Corporate Secretary at email@example.com or The IBD Foundation, 1 Hines Road, Suite 200, Kanata, ON, K2K 3C7.